
Okay...so it wasn't much a FIESTA...that is to come on Saturday for Jason's graduation...we had quesidillas (what can I say...no time after decorating tables, sugar coating margarita glasses and making homemade Fried icecream)...but we had fun. The kids LOVED the glasses (they were plastic throw away ones from walmart)...except Austin could NOT keep his from tipping. Put a little lime around the rim and dip in sugar...YUM! And the homemade fried ice cream took FOREVER...okay not really...it was a scoop of ice cream rolled in smashed cinnamon toast crunch cereal.
I love making silly holidays (I know cinco de mayo is not silly...if you're from Mexico...which as you can tell, we are not...)fun for my kids. They learned a little about this special day for Mexico, the Mexican flag, and what they eat in Mexico (ok...not REALLY what they eat, but pretend Mexican food...they are only 3 and 7...). But don't you ask them to remember any of it...they'll probably remember the sugar coated glassed and the umbrellas that I put in them. But we all had a fun night.
Oh and PS...Happy Happy Birthday to the coolest sister who lives pretty close to Mexico!! We sure love and miss...and thought of you all night in our celebration...actually...it was a birthday party for you...minus the birthday girl! Hope your day was great!!
I love making silly holidays (I know cinco de mayo is not silly...if you're from Mexico...which as you can tell, we are not...)fun for my kids. They learned a little about this special day for Mexico, the Mexican flag, and what they eat in Mexico (ok...not REALLY what they eat, but pretend Mexican food...they are only 3 and 7...). But don't you ask them to remember any of it...they'll probably remember the sugar coated glassed and the umbrellas that I put in them. But we all had a fun night.
Oh and PS...Happy Happy Birthday to the coolest sister who lives pretty close to Mexico!! We sure love and miss...and thought of you all night in our celebration...actually...it was a birthday party for you...minus the birthday girl! Hope your day was great!!
1 comment:
Yo are such a good mom. We had quesadillas too. But you are way cooler, we didn't have margaritas or fried ice cream. You rock!
Post a Comment